Combining Federation and Neoclassical architectural styles, the former bank can be found in the heart of the city, not far from the Opera House and Royal Botanic Garden. Grecian columns stand tall amongst ornate marble and polished parquet flooring.
On completion in 1916, it was one of the first to be constructed using a steel frame system – technological advancement has played a part in its life ever since. In more recent years, a 10-storey glass-clad extension was added and the existing site was carefully renovated.
Today, natural light floods the space via a reinstated light-well, while the sandstone and trachyte façade still bears the presidential crest.