How to wash and care for linen
• Like many fabrics, linen clothes need washing less than you’d expect. Hang them up to ventilate between wears.
• Machine wash with a low spin at 30°C. High temperatures can weaken the fibres and affect dyes. When hand washing, rinse with lukewarm water.
• Hang linen pieces to air dry. Tumble drying can shrink or damage the fibres. It also uses lots of energy.
• Take care not to use thin wire hangers or clips that could leave impressions or pull the shoulders out of shape.
• Linen can crease easily. Hang in the bathroom while taking a hot shower and use the steam to reduce creases.
The benefits of linen:
Linen is a natural fabric, spun from the fibres of the flax plant. These long fibres make it resilient, able hold its shape for longer and non-pilling. The strands are thicker than cotton, giving linen its distinctive texture. Characterised by an airy feel and light, breathable weave, linen is quick to dry and comfortable to wear, making it ideal for travel or the summer months.
Out Of Stock