Countless productions were shown during the Olympic’s sixty years as a theatre, until its doors finally closed in the summer of 1986. Though it’s no longer a place where the public can watch the stars, the unmistakable building makes its own appearance in a number of films, from Fight Club to 1953’s War of the Worlds.
Today, the restored stone façade alludes to this rich and colourful history. Outside, the neon sign has been reignited: a symbol of a past worth celebrating. Inside, a silhouette of the original stage can still be seen among our collections.