Yes, you can enter the competition from anywhere in the world.
No, the competition is for Instagram users only, but it’s very easy to create an account and get started.
No, you don’t need to buy anything to enter, simply share what layering means to you and how it sits in your world.
We will choose the three most inspiring, creative images based around the idea of layering.
We’ll let the winners know the good news via direct message on Instagram.
The competition closes on Tuesday 6th November.
You can pick up your gift card worth €250, and another for your nominated friend, from your nearest store. If you live in a market without a store, we can organise an online delivery to all markets (even if we don’t ship to your market) with your choice of garments up to the value of €250.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. By entering the COS Layers Instagram competition (the “Competition”) you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. This Competition is open residents worldwide aged 18 or over. Employees of the H&M Group (COS is part of the H&M Group) their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this Prize Draw are also excluded from entering this Competition. No purchase is necessary.
3. To enter the Competition you must:
a. Follow COS on Instagram
b. Upload an image showcasing what layering means to you and how it sits within your worldc. Tag @cosstores on your image and #COSLayering in the caption.
c. Tag @cosstores on your image and #COSLayering in the caption.
5. The Competition opens at 12:00:00 GMT on 23rd October 2018 and closes at 23:59:59 GMT on 6th November 2018. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, for network, computer or hardware or software failures of any kind. Entries must be sent in by the entrants; entries submitted by agents or third parties will be not be accepted. Late, incomplete, illegible or defaced entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions will be disqualified and will not be counted. (If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the entry, it will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account shown on the entry form).
6. You will retain rights of ownership in your image ("Entry"). However, in consideration of COS providing the Competition, you will grant COS a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use your Entry in any of its publications, websites, promotional activities and any other materials, for 20 years from the Closing Date of the Competition. As far as permitted by law, you hereby agree to waive all, and agree not to assert any, of your moral rights (or similar rights) wherever in the world arising which relate to your Entry. All material submitted becomes the sole property of COS and will not be returned.
7. The Entry must be your own work and by submitting the Entry you are confirming that it does not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party, Instagram terms and conditions or any laws. You warrant that the Entry is your own work and that you own the intellectual property rights in it.
8. Submissions will be judged by our Social Media Manager and Social Media Coordinator (“Judges”). Entries will be judged on creativity and fashion level. COS's decision will be final. The winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram by no later than 7 days after the Closing Date. There will only be three winners.
9. The winner(s) agree(s) (except where prohibited by law) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of country of residence and will cooperate with any other reasonable requests of COS relating to any post-winning publicity (for no additional remuneration).
10. COS’s decision shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prize will be a €250 gift card to spend in store, and a €250 gift card for your nominated friend (the “Prize”).
12. The winners will be notified by Instagram direct message (using the account details submitted with the Entry).
13. If a Prize is not claimed within 14 days of the winner being notified COS reserves the right to aware a Prize to an alternative winner. Failure to response and/or provide an address for delivery or failure to meet the eligibility requirements or these terms and conditions may result in forfeit of the Prize.
14. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-negotiable. There is no cash alternative. COS reserves the right to substitute the Prizes for one of its choosing with a value the same or greater than the original Prize in the event of circumstances out of its control.
15. The receipt of the Prize by a winner is conditional upon said winner complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, these terms and conditions.
16. COS reserves the right to:
a. cancel this Competition
b. cancel or refuse any individual’s entry
c. amend these terms and conditions (subject to using reasonable endeavours to notify entrants and potential entrants of any such changes via the Instagram account)
17. COS will not be liable for any system failure or malfunction of Instagram or any consequences thereof.
18. COS accepts no liability for any loss, damages or disappointment arising from entering the Competition or in any other way relating to the Competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
19. Subject to paragraph 21 below, to the maximum extent permitted by law, COS (and the H&M Group and its agents) exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a. any postponement or cancellation of the Competition
b. any loss or, changes to, postponement of or use of the Prize and
c. any act or default of any third party supplier which are beyond COS’s reasonable control.
20. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights
21. This Competition (and any related disputes) shall be governed and construed by Swedish law. By entering the Competition you agree that the courts of Sweden shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition
22. The Promoter is COS:
a. COS is a brand under the H&M Group whose registered office is at: H&M Hennes & Mauritz GBC AB Master Samuelsgatan 48 106 38 Stockholm Sweden